Pupil Premium is funding provided to schools “to improve educational outcomes for disadvantaged pupils” (www.gov.uk). Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium funding are those on Free School Meals or who have been on Free School Meals at some point in the last six years, children in care (LAC), children who have previously been in care (PLAC) and service children.
In line with the Education Endowment Foundation 3-part model, our strategy is directed at three key areas: quality teaching in the classroom, ensuring that children are well supported to be successful and independent learners; small group teaching and interventions that target specific learning needs; and wider strategies that promote emotional well-being and readiness to learn.
The staff involved in targeting and tracking the impact of the Pupil Premium funding are:
- Mr JDF Martin (Executive Head Teacher)
- Ms R Willmouth (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Mrs T Lund (Pupil Premium Lead, Inclusion Manager)
- Mrs J Hartley (PP Champion, Rooksdown)
- Miss H Cocker (PP Champion, Greenbank)