|Meet the Year Group Team|
Head of Year
|Miss C Rossiter||Miss C Rossiter||Mrs C Mundee|
|Miss I Smart||Mrs M Toobe|
|Mrs A Perng|
This term we will be writing to inform and entertain as well as studying poetry. For the first part of the half term, our topic will be jungle survival. We will be writing our own survival pages, inspired by Bear Grylls, our trip to the Gordon Brown centre and the Jungle book. Later on in the term we will be studying the portrayal of villainous fairy tale characters, writing from their perspectives and to writing to inform.
Our grammar focus will be; understanding the difference between a phrase and a clause, using inverted commas and using a comma after a fronted adverbial phrase, prepositional phrase or adverb ending in ‘ly’.
In maths we will be returning to phase 1 and 2 statements as well as the following phase 3 statements:
• Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 4 and 8 multiplication tables
• Write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental
• Recognise, find and write fractions of a discrete set of objects: unit fractions and non-unit fractions with small denominators
• Recognise and use fractions as numbers: unit fractions and non-unit fractions with small denominators
• Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator within one whole (e.g. 5 /7 + 1 /7 = 6 /7)
• Tell and write the time from an analogue clock, including using Roman numerals from I to XII, and 12-hour and 24-hour clocks
• Estimate and read time with increasing accuracy to the nearest minute;
• Record and compare time in terms of seconds, minutes, hours and o’clock;
Science: In science, we will continue to learn about plants alongside our animals and humans topic. We will learn about:
We will also hold an Egyptian themed day, details to follow!
RE: We will be learning about death ceremonies and linking this to our Ancient Egyptian topic.
DT: Linking to our science topic, we will be creating (and eating) our own healthy sandwiches.
Computing: Google Apps
PE: Athletics (Running and Jumping), Striking and Fielding Softball and Rounders lead to competition
|Day||Things to Remember|
|Monday||Hand in Home School Book (reading, times tables and online homework will be checked every Monday)
Spelling lists/rules are given out and the previous week's rule is tested
Please ensure your child has brought their PE kit in ready for Wednesday
Maths homework set for both classes today.
|Tuesday||Hand in Home School Book.|
Hand in Home School Book if your child has a note for the class teacher
|Thursday||Hand in Home School Book if your child has a note for the class teacher|
|Friday||Hand in Home School Book for charter stamps|