|Meet the Year Group Team|
Mrs N Gomarsall
Mrs L Brown
Miss F Gordon
Mrs G Silcox
Possible writing topics this term:
(Not all of these will be covered)
English Skills: Capital letters, Full stops, Question marks, Conjunctions (and/because), Adjectives
Hampshire - Phase 1: Measurement
Number and Place Value
• count in multiples of twos and tens
Addition and subtraction
• represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
• add and subtract two digit numbers to 20 including zero
• solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems such as 7=?-9
Multiplication and Division
• solve one step problems involving multiplication by calculating the answer using concrete objects, pictorial representations and arrays with the support of the teacher
• recognise, find and name a quarter as one of four equal parts of an object, shape or quantity.
Measurement: compare, describe and solve practical problems for:
• mass or weight (eg heavy /light, heavier than, lighter than) • measure and begin to record minutes
• tell the time to half past and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times
Geometry: properties of shapes:
• recognise and name common 2D and 3D shapes including rectangles, squares, circles and triangles
Art: Sculpture based on 'Man on the Moon'
Design Technology: We will be doing this in the second part of the term.
Reading - If possible daily reading with your child with vastly benefit him/her. 3 times a week is ideal and it allows you to read the book a couple of times to help your child build up their fluency. During this time ask lots of questions about the book they have read.
Friday – Homework goes out
Thursdays – Homework is collected in
As the year progresses spellings will be added in.