Support4SEND, Parent Voice and Hampshire Parent Carer Network (HPCN) are pleased to announce that their next SEND Information Day will be held on Saturday 24 March 2018, from 10.00am to 3.00pm, at Noadswood School, Dibden Purlieu SO45 4ZF.
We have been holding these free events for many years, giving families and practitioners the opportunity to gather information about support and services available across the county. They have become increasingly popular, not only with families and professionals but also with exhibitors, who welcome the opportunity it gives them to meet families and offer their support. We anticipate there will be 40+ exhibitors from support services, statutory services and commercial organisations to be on hand on the day to chat with visitors and offer information and advice.
The whole event is free to visitors, other than refreshments and food, which will be available to buy. There will be ample free parking on site and disabled access. We also hope to have some entertainment for children accompanying their parents.
The planning of workshops and talks is well under way, and we expect to have full details available within the next two weeks. Topics so far confirmed include:
- an overview of autism
- empowering parent carers to speak up for their child or young person with additional needs
- living with dyspraxia
- Career Companion, gateway to careers, learning and training information on the internet
- social and friendship skills
- supporting teenage girls with high functioning autism
- transition from Early Years to school
- the EHC needs assessment process